Build the right network - in the right place, at the right time
As the demand for bandwidth continues to increase, MSOs are devoting considerable capital budget to network upgrades. The success of these upgrades depends on answering two key questions;
- How much capital budget should be spent on network upgrades in any given period of time?
- Which parts of the network should be upgraded, and when, using the available capital budget in that time period?
Traditionally, network congestion statistics are used as the basis for answering those two questions. However, customers in different network areas (e.g.nodes) with different demographic and competitive characteristics have different tolerance levels to network congestion. Discovering how the customers in a given network area will respond to improved network speeds requires considerably more than congestion information. The result is that network upgrades based on network utilization often underperform financially.
There is a multitude of factors about each node and customer that can be used to better predict the financial value of a network upgrade effort including:
- Customer calls
- Truck rolls
- Customer churn
- Competitive marketing campaigns
NetVersant OptimizeTM utilizes machine-learning and predictive modelling techniques, to quickly and comprehensively assess the multitude of factors involved in network upgrade decisions. NetVersant OptimizeTM enables operators to unlock unrealized value in their networks, by building the right network at the right time, and obtain:
- Increased revenue per network upgrade effort
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Reduced churn
- Fewer service calls
- Enhanced opportunities for upselling
To learn more, contact us for a demo.